Welcome to the comprehensive user guide for Portfolio Boss!
The user guide walks you through all the functionalities of Portfolio Boss. We'll begin with the Quickstart Guide so you get up to speed with the fundamental features. Then, we'll explore each functionality in great detail:
- Create a strategy and customize it to fit your trading goals.
- Create and manage the list of securities to trade.
- Explore the Technical Indicators, to enter and exit Positions automatically.
- Backtest your strategy, and get the detailed performance report.
- Stack multiple strategies as multi-tiered risk management.
- Manage your list of strategies.
- Harness the power of Artificial Intelligence to design the ultimate strategy.
- Trade multiple strategies at once as if they were ETFs.
- Receive trading signals automatically, and submit them to your broker.
- Easily calculate the amount of shares to trade, across a diverse portfolio of stocks.
- Customize how Portfolio Boss appears and performs in your machine,
- and many more!
In short, Portfolio Boss takes all the heavy lifting, so you can sleep well at night and do things that you love. It is a versatile Systematic Trading platform built from the ground up by traders, for traders.
Please note, some features explained in this guide may not be available to you, depending on your license. If you wish to upgrade your license, please contact our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The user guide is divided into nine chapters.
Use the “Search” button (at the bottom-right of this page) to search for topics, or click any of these pages:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Portfolio Management Page
- Portfolio Management Page Overview
- Portfolios Panel
- Portfolio Instruments Panel
- Instrument Chart Panel
- Sync Details/Search Results Panel
Chapter 3: Strategy Management Page
Chapter 4: Backtest Strategy Page
- Backtest Strategy Page Overview
- Strategy Panel
- System Settings Panel
- Instruments Panel
- Buy Filters Panel
- Ranking Panel
- Sell Filters Panel
- Backtest Panel
- Backtest Parameterization Panel
- Metrics Tab
- Performance Tab
- Trade Signals Tab
- Overall Top Results Tab
- Positions Tab
- Chart Tab
- History Tab
- Stats Tab
- Instrument Tab
- Backtest Results Tab
- Exporting the Backtest Result
- Trade Plan Calculator
- A Strategy for Short Selling
Chapter 5: The Divine Engine & The Boss
- Introduction to The Divine Engine & The Boss
- Design Strategies from Scratch
- Augmenting a Strategy with New Rules
- Fine-tune a Strategy for the Best Settings
- Combining All the Features
- Cyber Code Genetic Programming
Chapter 6: Combine, Stack, and Trade Entire Strategies
Chapter 7: Filters & Rules
- About Filters & Rules
- Aroon Oscillator (ARO) Filter
- Average Currency Volume Filter
- Average Percent Range (APR) Filter
- Average True Range (ATR) Filter
- Beta Filter
- Bollinger Bands (BBands) Filter
- Cash Equivalent Score Filter
- Chande Momentum Oscillator (CMO) Filter
- Correlation Filter
- Day of the Week Filter
- Discount Filter
- Fixed ATR Stop Loss Filter
- Goldilocks Filter
- Index ATR Spread Filter
- Instrument Public Age Filter
- Kaufman Efficiency Ratio Filter
- Lowest Close Index Filter
- Lowest Close Position Filter
- Moving Average Cross Over Filter
- Moving Average Persistence Filter
- N ATR Above/Below SMA Filter
- Octane Indicator Filter
- Perfect Stop Filter
- Portfolio Position Limit Filter
- Portfolio Threshold Filter
- Position Duration Filter
- Price Range Filter
- Price Range Index Filter
- Primitive Pattern Filter
- Retracement Filter
- Rate of Change (ROC) Index Filter
- Rate of Change (ROC) Position Filter
- Return Index Filter
- RSI Filter
- Simple Moving Average (SMA) Index Filter
- Simple Moving Average (SMA) Position Filter
- SMI Filter
- Surprise Day Filter
- Stochastic Oscillator Filter
- Top N% Threshold Filter
- Volatility Change Index Filter
- Volatility Change Position Filter
- Volatility Range Filter
- Volatility Range Percentile Index Filter
- Volatility Range Percentile Position Filter
- ATR Distance Below SMA Rule
- Correlation Rule
- Impulse Score Rule
- Index ATR Spread Rule
- Lowest Close Rule
- Moving Average Persistence Rule
- PB Pattern Score Rule
- Volatility Rule
Chapter 8: Settings Page
- Settings Page Overview
- Automation Tab
- Appearance Tab
- Database Tab
- Interactive Brokers Tab
- Miscellaneous Tab
Chapter 9: Help Page
Comprehensive User Guide for Portfolio Boss
Copyright © 2021 Portfolio Boss, Inc.
User Guide author: Zain Abe