Welcome to the comprehensive user guide for Portfolio Boss!
The user guide walks you through all the functionalities of Portfolio Boss, beginning with the Quickstart Guide so you can get up to speed with the fundamental features. Then, we'll explore each PB functionality in great detail:
- Creating and managing Portfolios.
- Creating and customizing a strategy to fit with your trading goals.
- Managing your list of strategies.
- Exploring all Technical Indicators, that define how to enter and exit Positions automatically.
- Backtesting your strategy and understand how it performs in various metrics.
- Harnessing a super-computer Artificial Intelligence to craft your ultimate strategy.
- How to stack multiple strategies as multi-tiered risk management.
- How to trade entire strategies at once as if they were ETFs.
- Automatically receive trading signals, which you'll enter to your broker.
- Automatically calculate how many shares to buy, based on your account size.
- Customizing how Portfolio Boss appears and performs in your machine, and much more!
In short, Portfolio Boss takes all the heavy lifting for you so you can sleep well at night, and spend time in things that you love. It is a versatile Systematic Trading platform built from the ground up by traders, for traders.
Please note, some features and technical indicators explained in this guide may not be available to you based on your license. If you wish to upgrade your license, please contact our Customer Support at email@example.com.
We do not sell higher tier licenses freely, so please reserve your spot early.
This user guide is divided into nine chapters.
Use the “Search” button (at the bottom-right of this page) to search for topics, or click any of these pages:
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Portfolio Management Page
- Portfolio Management Page Overview
- Portfolios Panel
- Portfolio Instruments Panel
- Instrument Chart Panel
- Sync Details/Search Results Panel
Chapter 3: Strategy Management Page
Chapter 4: Backtest Strategy Page
- Backtest Strategy Page Overview
- Strategy Panel
- System Settings Panel
- Instruments Panel
- Buy Filters Panel
- Ranking Panel
- Sell Filters Panel
- Backtest Panel
- Metrics Panel
- Monthly Performance Panel
- Yearly Performance Panel
- Trade Signals Panel
- Positions Panel
- Top Trades Panel
- Chart Tab
- History Tab
- Stats Tab
- Instrument Tab
- Exporting the Backtest Result
- Trade Plan Calculator
- A Strategy for Short Selling
Chapter 5: The Divine Engine & The Boss
- Introduction to The Divine Engine & The Boss
- Design Strategies from Scratch
- Augmenting a Strategy with New Rules
- Fine-tune a Strategy for the Best Settings
- Combining All the Features
Chapter 6: Combine, Stack, and Trade Entire Strategies
Chapter 7: Filters & Rules
- About Filters & Rules
- Aroon Oscillator (ARO) Filter
- Average Currency Volume Filter
- Average True Range (ATR) Filter
- Beta Filter
- Bollinger Bands (BBands) Filter
- Cash Equivalent Score Filter
- Chande Momentum Oscillator (CMO) Filter
- Correlation Filter
- Discount Filter
- Goldilocks Filter
- Index ATR Spread Filter
- Instrument Public Age Filter
- Kaufman Efficiency Ratio Filter
- Lowest Close Index Filter
- Lowest Close Position Filter
- Moving Average Cross Over Filter
- N ATR Above/Below SMA Filter
- Octane Indicator Filter
- Perfect Stop Filter
- Portfolio Position Limit Filter
- Portfolio Threshold Filter
- Position Duration Filter
- Price Range Filter
- Price Range Index Filter
- Primitive Pattern Filter
- Retracement Filter
- Rate of Change (ROC) Index Filter
- Rate of Change (ROC) Position Filter
- Return Index Filter
- RSI Filter
- Simple Moving Average (SMA) Index Filter
- Simple Moving Average (SMA) Position Filter
- SMI Filter
- Top N% Threshold Filter
- Volatility Change Index Filter
- Volatility Change Position Filter
- Volatility Range Filter
- Volatility Range Percentile Index Filter
- Volatility Range Percentile Position Filter
- ATR Distance Below SMA Rule
- Correlation Rule
- Impulse Score Rule
- Index ATR Spread Rule
- Lowest Close Rule
- PB Pattern Score Rule
- Volatility Rule
Chapter 8: Settings Page
- Settings Page Overview
- Automation Tab
- Appearance Tab
- Database Tab
- Interactive Brokers Tab
- Miscellaneous Tab
Chapter 9: Help Page
Comprehensive User Guide for Portfolio Boss
Copyright © 2020 Portfolio Boss, Inc.
User Guide author: Zain Abe